Health is Wealth. With the advent of busy schedule and life style many people do not take care of their health. Their unhealthy lifestyle increases the incidence of occurrence of many diseases. Adding some daily work can give a healthy life in the result. Following are the 10 ways to be healthy-
1. Exercise Regularly – Exercise burns an extra fat which is metabolized. Doctors prescribe a walk for 40 minutes everyday.
2. Maintain Weight– The focus should be on managing the weight, not looking slim. Increase physical activities and reduce caloric intake in a systematic manner will make a body healthy day by day. A body should have an ideal weight; ideal weight can be calculated by body mass index and height.
3. Avoid Saturated Fat– Avoiding oily food is must for a healthy body. Do not consume more than 1tbsp oil every day. Vegetable oils do not have cholesterol; cholesterol comes from food like animal fats, meat, eggs and shell fish. Foods high in saturated fat include whole milk, milk products, bakery products, ghee, butter etc.
4. Eat Vegetables and Fruits– Eating fresh vegetables and fruits are very important to be healthy. Antioxidants in fruits and vegetables cleanse the body from toxic substance.
5. Quit Smoking and Drinking– Smoking leads to fat deposit in the inner walls of the blood vessels, which gradually narrow and reduce the blood supply to the organ. Excessive drinking can damage the liver, where fat metabolism takes place.
6. Adapt Low-Cholesterol Diet- The body makes the cholesterol it needs. So choose foods like grain products that have less cholesterol. Prefer complex carbohydrates like brown rice to simple carbs. Eating nuts, almonds and walnuts are the best for health.
7. Prefer Less Salt– avoid extra salt in the diet. This means avoid pickles, papd, baked beans, canned soups and processed foods.
8. Eat frequently, smaller meals– Eating large meals tends to cause fat to deposit. The body is able to digest small meals faster.
9. Consume Isabgol – Isabgol provides a combination for soluble and insoluble fibers. Insoluble fibers increase the bulk of food within the intestine, aiding the contraction of the intestine.
10. Blood tests– People more the 30 and having blood pressure should get a blood test do determine cholesterol levels every three months. If healthy, go for a test every two years.